If there’s one recipe that has me (fall)in’ in love this #pumpkinszn, I think it might be this one 🍁 🎃
- Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)- makes the cake super fudgey and adds tons of nutrients like Vitamin A.
- Eggs- helps create structure! Can sub for flax egg if vegan.
- Granulated Sweetener- I used monk fruit sweetener; can replace with any granulated sweetener, but it will affect nutritional value unless it’s a zero calorie alternative.
- Vanilla Extract- helps add flavor!
- Coconut Flour- probably my favorite flour! It has a high protein and fiber content, and is super absorbent, meaning you need less of it (this ingredient is very difficult to substitute).
- Tapioca Flour- gives the cake structure and and helps hold it together (can sub cornstarch, cassava flour, or arrowroot).
- Baking Soda- leavening agent to help cake rise.
- Pumpkin Spice & Cinnamon- essential for flavor!
For the cake:
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- 5 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add wet ingredients (pumpkin, sweetener, eggs and vanilla, milk) and whisk together until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients (coconut flour, tapioca flour, spice, baking soda & salt).
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake 40-50 min or until toothpick comes out clean (be sure not to overbake to keep fudginess).
- Top with chocolate, if desired.
1/8 of pan w/o chocolate: cals: 60, fat: 1g, carbs: 13g, protein: 3g (2 tbsp of melted chocolate chips will add about 10 cals)