Idk if it’s the color, but Red Velvet has always had a special place in my heart 🥰❤️
- I’ve tested many different red velvet recipes, including the famous Georgetown Cupcakes Red Velvet. I even went to their store to try out the actual thing. These definitely hold their own and are amazing!
For the cake:
- -1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- -1/3 cup monkfruit (sub any granulated sweetener)
- -2 eggs (sub flax if vegan)
- -1/4 cup milk (I used cashew)
- -1/4 cup yogurt (I used fage 0%)
- -1 tsp vanilla
- -food coloring or beet powder
- -2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- -1/3 cup coconut flour
- -1/4 cup whole wheat flour (sub oat, gf, AP)
- -1/4 cup tapioca (sub cassava, cornstarch or 1/3 more whole wheat)
- -pinch salt
- -2 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used fage 0%)
- 1/3 cup nonfat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup monkfruit powdered sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add wet ingredients (appleasauce, sweetener, eggs and vanilla, milk, yogurt) and whisk together until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, coconut flour, wheat flour, tapioca flour, baking soda & vinegar, and salt).
- Scoop into cupcake tins and bake around 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost, if desired.
1 Cupcake with frosting: Calories: 100 Fat: 2g, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 12g