the chocolate/banana bread obsession continues with this one 🍌 🍫 [~50 CAL PER SLICE🤩] I think this is my fav recipe to top my yogurt bowls with so far! So fudgy and rich, definitely give it a try!!
- Bananas- essential for banana bread! Also helps provide structure and adds tons of benefits like potassium.
- Eggs- helps create structure! Can sub for flax egg if vegan.
- Granulated Sweetener- I used monk fruit sweetener; can replace with any granulated sweetener, but it will affect nutritional value unless it’s a zero calorie alternative.
- Vanilla Extract- helps add flavor!
- Cocoa Powder- I used Hershey’s special dark cocoa because I like a cake that’s darker and more rich.
- Coconut Flour- probably my favorite flour! It has a high protein and fiber content, and is super absorbent, meaning you need less of it (this ingredient is very difficult to substitute).
- Baking Soda- leavening agent to help banana bread rise.
- Salt- helps enhance flavor.
- Chocolate Chips (optional)- help add an extra something!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add wet ingredients (mashed bananas, sweetener, eggs and vanilla) and whisk together until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt).
- Pour into a loaf pan and sprinkle chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake 40-50 min or until toothpick comes out clean (be sure not to overbake to keep fudginess).
Nutrition for 1/8 pan: cals 53 fat 1g carb 14g protein 2.5g